It is not surprising that many people from all over the world are trying to obtain Turkish citizenship as Turkey is one of the most stable countries in the region and is considered one of the countries with high luxury and excellent services and more than 83 million people live in it according to the official Anadolu Agency.
Table of contents
- Advantages of Turkish citizenship
- Ways to obtain Turkish citizenship
- Documents required to obtain Turkish citizenship
In addition, Turkey is a first destination for tourists and those wishing to settle, as Turkish law gives the right to reside in Turkey, and the right to request Turkish citizenship within specific cases and conditions.
Advantages of Turkish citizenship
1- Permanent residence and citizenship in Turkey
Turkish citizenship grants individuals the right to be a citizens and permanent residence within the Turkish borders, without the need to renew a residence permit or obtain a visa, as it grants the holder the right of permanent residency within the borders of the Turkish state and gives full civil rights.
2- Service advantages
Turkey is a country with many services and facilities, which allows the holder of Turkish citizenship to benefit from health, social, recreational and educational services, in addition to all that, he or she enjoys the support of the government.
3- Turkish passport
The Turkish passport is one of the most important passports in the world and is among the top thirty ranks according to the classification of the best passports in the world, as the Turkish passport entitles its holder to enter more than 72 countries around the world.
Ways to obtain Turkish citizenship
First - Turkish Citizenship by Investment
- Real estate: Every foreigner who has bought a property or many properties worth more than 250 thousand US dollars, can apply for Turkish citizenship, provided that these properties are not sold for a period of 3 years.
- Deposit in Turkish banks: A foreigner can apply for Turkish citizenship in the event of placing a deposit in Turkish banks of 500 thousand US dollars, provided that the deposit is not refundable for a period of 3 years.
- Employment: Employing 50 workers of Turkish nationality in a company owned by the foreign citizen for a period of 3 years.
Second - Turkish citizenship through kinship
Many people, especially in countries near Turkey, have a direct kinship relationship with Turkish families, and Turkish citizenship can be obtained by proving parentage through official documents or DNA analysis that proves his ties to the Turkish state.
Third - Obtaining Turkish citizenship by marriage or adoption
You can obtain Turkish citizenship by marrying a Turkish person, and the marriage must last for 3 years, with proof of the permanence of the marriage and good treatment between the spouses.
Citizenship can also be granted to those who adopt a Turkish child under the legal age, according to specific controls.
Fourth - Turkish citizenship through residency in Turkey
A resident can obtain Turkish citizenship by residing in Turkey for 5 consecutive years, without interruption until the date of applying for Turkish citizenship, within a set of conditions that must be met, the most important of which are:
- To be at least 18 years old.
- To be free from diseases that harm public health.
- To have good manners.
- To be able to speak the Turkish language sufficiently for communication and understanding.
- To have a profession or a good income that enables him to be self-reliant, while holding a work permit from a licensed Turkish company throughout his stay in Turkey without interruption.
- That the duration of his stay is one of the types of Turkish residency, except for short-term tourist residency, such as work permit and student residence.
Documents required to obtain Turkish citizenship
Turkish citizenship requires from you to submit many papers, which must be handed over to the Turkish government departments, including what is obtained from the country of origin, and what can be obtained from the Turkish state, and some papers may vary according to the type of application for obtaining Turkish citizenship detailed as follows:
- In the case of Turkish citizenship by investing in real estate, a real estate appraisal report must be submitted, which is obtained from Turkish institutions licensed for this, bearing in mind that the report’s validity period does not exceed 3 months.
- The Tapu known as the title deed of the purchased property and certified by the notary public (noter) in Turkey.
- Bank receipts for the price of the purchased property, proving the transfer of the amount from the buyer to the original owner.
- A special power of attorney from the buyer of the property to the legal representative to complete the process of obtaining Turkish citizenship, which can be obtained from the Notary in Turkey.
- Translating the passports of applicants for Turkish citizenship, and they are attested by the Notary.
- Translating and attesting the birth certificates of family members by the Notary.
- Translation and attestation of the marriage contract.
- Translating and attesting the family book.
- Proof of residence in Turkey for 5 consecutive years with a non-tourist residence, in case he is an applicant for Turkish citizenship through residency in Turkey.
Obtaining Turkish citizenship is a wonderful option, which opens new doors for its holder, and contributes to building a better future on the personal, family and investment levels, and Turkish law provides facilities for obtaining it in different ways, the most important and fastest of which is real estate investment.
If you have any inquiries regarding this topic, or others related to owning and investing in real estate in Turkey, Trustus Properties team will be happy to provide you with the best real estate advice; Contact us now.
Edited by: Trustus Properties ©